From Rober Newlove:
For info, I have sent this to the Autotest list. I presume that most of you will have seen it
Sent: 06 August 2021 22:29
Subject: Chris Leeming Memorial Autotest on Sunday 19th September 2021
Just to let you know that York Motor Club & Huddersfield Motor Club are co promoting the Chris Leeming Memorial Autotest on Sunday 19th September 2021
The venue is Acaster airfield, near York. Not the exact same site that we have used for the last few years. We do hope to still use “the heaps” test.
I will circulate the regulations as soon as I can.
· The venue is Acaster airfield, near York.
· The pandemic meant we had to do things quite differently at last year’s event but to be fair some of the changes worked well and we will continue with them where Motorsport UK permit us or advise us to do so.
· No entries on the day – no exceptions again this year.
· Contactless entries, signing on, scrutineering self-declaration, but at least 10% of the entry will be scrutineered as per MUK latest guidance.
· No food will be available for competitors – please bring your own.
· Toilet facilities will be available
· First car starts at 10am we hope to finish by 4pm
· We are aiming to run 24 tests. Four tests run 3 times in the morning. A lunch break, then four more tests run three times.
· The tests should be smooth enough and open enough to make them doable in a standard road car. The use of the handbrake should not be essential to get round the tests.
· Equally no reason why you can’t use a rally car.
The intention is to open an invitation to members the following clubs
York Motor club
Ilkley & district motor club
Airedale & Pennine MC
Beverley & DMC
North Humberside MC
Sheffield & Hallamshire MC
Yorkshire wolds motor club
Please let me know by Saturday 14th August if you don’t want your Club on the list of invited clubs.
Please keep in mind that for autotests of this status a free clubman RS licence is required as a well as a valid club card from one of the invited clubs.
If you need any more information at this stage please just ask.
York Motor club